Los Puentes Charter School provides personalized, structured, academic and extracurricular activities integrated with mental, emotional and behavioral health therapy, in a personalized and structured environment. Los Puentes will teach academic, social, and coping skills to youth at risk, based on educational and life goals, provide vocational and school-to-work opportunities, and instill within each student a renewed belief of their individual potential.
Los Puentes Charter School Values:
We strive to foster:
- A positive environment in which all students and staff are valued and respected as individuals.
- Opportunities for success through identification and development of students’ individual strengths, creativity and abilities.
- Student-initiated goal setting strategies.
- Shared decision making for commitment to a common vision.
- A positive work environment through effective communication and follow through.
- Shared humor as an effective teaching and learning tool.
- High expectations, which will create high-level achievement.
Letter from the Principal
Dear LPCS Parents/Guardians/Students,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year. We are very excited to have you and your children as part of the LPCS family. Every staff member has been working very hard to prepare for the return of our great students. We have set high expectations and made plans to help every student be successful this school year.
We have four new seasoned staff members who are looking forward to working with our students.
School starts on Wednesday, July 27, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 3:10 p.m. every day. Students are aware of the dress code and LPCS rules. Every student has attended or is now attending an Orientation and Testing Session.
Reminder: No student can attend LPCS without going through the process of Orientation and Testing. If you have not registered and are interested in attending LPCS, please do so ASAP, so as not to lose academic time.
It will be an exciting year and I am looking forward to working with the parents, guardians, and students of LPCS. GO PANTHERS!!!!
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Together we can create success for your student.
Micaela “Mickey” Smith